Friday, November 20, 2015

Today

For so long I obsessed and loved writing this blog, but one day the creativity, humor in me just seemed to halt dry up to seem unavailable. I don't know where it went but I am on a road to recovering that state of mind, I am going to just write. I am not saying it will be funny or witty but i have to start somewhere.
So today I reflect on my day. My oldest daughter is struggling in middle school, it is hard, the kids are mean and they are all struggling to fit in. I realize finding your way is hard. They have to grow, change and adapt so they can find who they are supposed to be. This is a hard road. Children will use the bones of the other children to sharpen their teeth, that will allow them to one day stand up to their parents and withstand the rigors of society but at some point someone needs to be held accountable. This is all a growing process but when does it go too far, when grades are dropping, illness is setting in, it is time for the adults to step in and manage their behavior. As a parent of three, semi-adult and concerned citizen of this world, I am worried for all of us, for them and for society.
Why are we breeding monsters, bullies, terrorists and killers? What are we doing wrong as parents, people as a society as a whole? My heart breaks that this is the world our children have to grow up in.

My stomach is in knots as she boards the bus
Will today be the day that breaks her
When will the heart breaking text come in with the voice taunting her
How do I tell her it them not you don't listen as the chants get louder, how
Then it happens BING "mommy did i look ugly this morning he says my face is red, mommy please"
Bing his voice says "look at her look at her, she wears too much makeup, she must be ugly underneath"
My stomach lurches the bile reaches my throat, then I think what must her little body be doing?
Then she is at school no contact no call the silence is deafening, I want to protect her, save her, hold her
Bing.........

No comments: