Thursday, December 6, 2007

GROSSSSS

Ok so the story goes, yesterday around 4:00pm Emme started to get sick and when I mean sick projectile vomiting all over everything within a 1 mile radius. So as Emme and I sat with Alexis for dinner a couple hours later I thought it was over till I sat down with my newly opened Chalk Hill glass of Chardonnay(my favorite) Emme vomiting right into the glass totally took me off guard, are you kidding me anywhere but there. Later that night I went upstairs to find the baby was still extremely sick since it had been going on so long and I had never seen a baby get sick in their bed, off to the hospital we went but with William still at work my poor parents had to come over to the house my mom stayed with Alexis and my dad went with me. I do not know the last time I have even been awake till 12:30am but there we were at St Francis trying to check in as the nurse was sitting behind the glass partition thankfully for her, Emme got sick all over the glass, me and the registration forms lets just say we did not wait very long to get a room. When William finally showed up Emme had finally fallen asleep from the medicine they had given her, he looked at me and said "did you over react?????????" Ah, maybe, but that is not what you say to a mother still covered in throw up, holding her sleeping 18 month old, sitting in a chair since the baby refused to get in the bed because of all the IV attempts, at around 2:30am, you may just be the next person in need of the ER doctor. When we finally got home around 4:00am and after my hot disinfecting shower my head hit the pillow around 5:00am only to pry one eye open to this little voice saying Mommy I am hungry. OK so my response was "Alexis go downstairs get whatever you want and bring it up here" she returned with gingerbread cookies and OJ which she thoroughly enjoyed while watching a movie, while I tried to get a couple hours of sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When the baby's sick is not exactly the right time to worry 'bout "over- reacting" As Nike says, "Just Do It!"..."The man who listens to reason is lost: Reason enslaves all whose minds are not strong enough to master her."..."Logic and consistency are luxuries for gods and the lower animals."
Hope Santa brings you and the girls everything that's on your list...that is still legal in your state!