Monday, November 26, 2007

The Chosen One

OK I no longer want to be the chosen one. Just for a day. I love my girls I do but oh my they want me to do everything for them and I am exhausted!!! Mommy, put me to bed, Mommy hold me, Mommy help me, Mommy Mommy Mommy and I realize I have been really cranky lately I think because of the constant pulling, tugging and demands on all my time.
Well yesterday William said "how does it feel to always be wanted" I replied "It is overwhelming tiring and a little annoying" then I realize he would love the constant attention from the girls but the truth of it is that he is only home for maybe three hours at night so he is right it would be wonderful for that short period of time, but when it is 12 hours a day I am at the end of my rope by bed time.
I talked to my mom and she reminded me "Kirsten when they are 13 they will not even want to be with you" so as Emme refuses to stand on her own to perfectly good feet and Alexis is crying about not wanting Daddy to dress her I try and remember this too shall pass so I need to enjoy it and not be so irritated. I worry it is making me less of a mother, but I guess being aware helps you change, so as of today I am going to Love Being the Chosen One!!!!
It is a lot easier to say because Alexis is off staying with my sister for a few days! I think I really need the break....Yea Auntie Kat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chosen One (1),
It says in the Bible...'and this too will pass'. It's not a bad life lesson to learn early and you would be well served if you chose to live by its intent - carpediem. No matter how good it gets or how bad you think that it is going, this too will pass, and most of the time without you even knowing that its time has past!
Enjoy and hug 'em babies for all of us.